We are currently recruiting for a QA Technician for our client at their site in Wigan.
- Maintain accurate records of all quality paperwork received and/or returned from other Departments is paramount.
- To ensure that all quality and food safety systems are operated throughout all departments with full documentation and that these meet the requirements within the BRC Global Food standard and legislation
- Ensure the tasks (QA Matrix) and any other requested activities are completed within the designated timescales.
- Assist with customer complaints: identifying root causes and determining corrective actions required to prevent further complaints; ensuring complaints are closed out as per procedure and, where applicable, determine supplier corrective actions required to prevent further reoccurrences; complaint trends are to be monitored and communicated to all relevant personnel responsible for ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, external contacts and colleagues.
- Prepare and assist in customer visits and site Technical audits where necessary.
- Achieve departmental business objectives, become instrumental in product and site quality, food safety, hygiene standards and to contribute to continuous improvements, cost reductions, reduction in waste and the control of non-conforming products.
Education / Experience
- Proven experience of working in a Quality Assurance environment and ideally be educated to degree level in Food Science. In addition, HACCP and Food Safety qualifications are essential.
Behavioural characteristics / Skills
- PC literate
- Communication, internal/external, verbal and written
- Able to plan and organise work efficiently and effectively
- Able to operate under pressure and to short deadlines
- Able to work effectively as either part of a team or as an individual
- Flexible (time & task)
- Excellent attention to detail that reflects thorough and accurate work
- Able to communicate at all levels (internal and external)
- Able to establish productive relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers
- A proactive approach to issues and situations
Up to £24,000
Week 1 Monday – Thursday 06:00-14.30 and Friday 06:00-13:30
Week 2 Monday – Wednesday 11:30am – 22:00 and Thursday midday – 22:00
Week 3 Monday – Thursday 09:00 – 16:00 and Friday 07:30 – 15:00