We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer for our client to cover maternity leave. It is a hybrid working role, with one day per week working from home and the rest of the week split evenly between the clients offices based in Wigan and Congleton.
- Carry out all employee obligations in compliance with H&S at work act 1974 and all other subsequent legislation relating to H&S and full compliant with company policies and internal procedures
- Conduct H&S Risk Assessments, compile safety systems of work and train staff accordingly
- Outline safe operations through SSOW, which identify and take into account all hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being complied with
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Keep records of inspection findings and product reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accident and produce statistics for site management
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain working knowledge of HSE legislation and any developments that affect the food industry
- Produce monthly management reports for operations manager
- Ensure new equipment is reviewing prior to purchase, commission and installed safety
- Mange and organise the safe disposal of Hazard substances
- Advise and support on a range of specialist areas such as fire regulations, hazard substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
- Responsible for ensuring visitors , contractors, suppliers are safety whilst on site and comply with procedures and procedure permit to works.
- Monitor use of chemical to ensure correct PPE clothing is worn
- Responsible for training to departmental staff in all operations, monitoring and reviewing to ensure they are fully competent in all aspects of the operation.
- Ensure any H&S claims received are dealt with appropriately
Essential skills / experience
- IOSH Certifications
- NEBOSH would be beneficial
- 2 years as a health and safety officer
Contract will start on the 1st August and last 10 months.
Hours – Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30 and Friday 07:30 – 15:00
Salary – up to £25,000